Tickets are now available for the African American Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey’s Circle of Achievement Awards Gala, which each year recognizes distinguished African Americans during Black History Month for significant achievements in business, politics, education, and sports or entertainment.
The formal black-tie event will be held from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Feb. 17 at The Venetian, 546 River Drive in Garfield. Tickets are available through the AACCNJ website here.
The 15th annual gala is themed “This is our Time” to encapsulate this unique moment in history with increased efforts around diversity, equity and inclusion. The keynote speaker is Lamont O. Repollet, Ed.D., the president of Kean University and former state education commissioner.
The 2022 honorees include:
- Toni P. Brown, chief administration officer, Delaware River Port Authority
- Nadine Leslie, CEO, SUEZ North America
- Dr. DeForest B. Soaries, Jr., former New Jersey Secretary of State, retired senior pastor First Baptist Church of Lincoln Gardens, Somerset, and founder & CEO of Dfree Global Foundation
- Michael J. Garner, MBA, chief diversity and inclusion officer, Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- John Wesley Boyd, Jr., founder & president, National Black Farmers Association
Harry Alford and Kay Debow Alford, the co-founders of the National Black Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey, will be honored posthumously with Trailblazer Awards.