One of the premier technical schools in New Jersey has received one of the most prestigious awards available to it.
Before a host of dignitaries, staff and students at its Eatontown location, the Advantage Career Institute (ACI) Medical & Dental School was presented Monday with the award for Program of Distinction for Counseling & Support Services for Postsecondary Career and Technical Institutions by the Middle States Association Commission on Secondary Schools.
“This recognition is a huge validation of the professionalism and dedication of the staff at ACI Medical & Dental School in optimizing our students’ successes,” said ACI President Frank A. Preston.
“We are very, very proud of our outcomes, which comes directly from our staff and students,” he added. “Our students are the ones who make us get up and go in the morning and they accomplish an awful lot in a short period of time so that they’re well prepared for the medical and dental careers they are pursuing.”
ACI Medical & Dental School is an accredited, post-secondary school that has delivered outstanding results in some of the industry’s most in-demand professions, including Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy, EKG and Patient Care Technician; Dental Assistant with Dental Radiology; and Medical and Dental Administrative Assistant with Electronic Health Records and Medical Billing and Coding.
The school provides first-rate training for medical and dental students who can achieve professional credentials quickly and pursue opportunities for employment right away.
ACI exceeds industry standards with a 92% graduation rate and a 96% pass rate on accredited credentials. The school also delivers on jobs, with 85% of its graduates finding employment in 2018.
MSA-CESS accredits public and private schools, as well as school systems through the U.S. and around the world. Its Program of Distinction acknowledges that ACI Medical & Dental School has shown:
- A willingness to conduct a comprehensive review for the Program of Distinction in Counseling & Support Services for Postsecondary Career and Technical Institutions that describes the current status of the school, reflects on and evaluates what the school does well and where it can improve, and prioritizes these findings for future planning efforts;
- A commitment to the philosophy behind the Program of Distinction in Counseling & Support Services for Postsecondary Career and Technical Institutions;
- That it meets the criteria established for the Program of Distinction in Counseling & Support Services for Postsecondary Career and Technical Institutions;
- A commitment to providing its students with excellent counseling and support services; and
- That its professional staff members support this goal and work to gain the knowledge and skills to provide exemplary counseling and support services to their students.
MSA-CESS Vice President, Accreditation, Glen R. Mort said the organization analyzed ACI as “critical friends” in determining its top level award.
“From the moment we started an analysis of your school, we saw, we heard and we felt that this is special place,” Mort said. “It’s a school that is vibrant with education passion and we are in awe of the level of student, staff and community participation in the life of this school.”
Monmouth County Freeholder Director Thomas Arnone also told students that the recognition by MSA-CESS “will benefit you as you head out into the workforce. This is a great acknowledgment for the school, students and all of Monmouth County.”
Senator Vin Gopal (D-11) added: “This accreditation is not just a big deal here, but across the entire country.”