Acting New Jersey Attorney General Andrew Bruck will be the keynote speaker at the Essex County Bar Foundation’s 3rd Annual Corporate Counsel Symposium, an online event where leading attorneys will discuss cyber and data security, as well as other issues affecting corporate lawyers.
The symposium begins at 10 a.m., Oct. 14 with a panel discussion on “Maintaining Data Privacy & Security in an Ever-Changing World,” moderated by John Wolak, director of Gibbons P.C. The panelists include:
- Alec Grant, Managing Director, Client Fraud Prevention, Commercial Banking, JP Morgan Chase
- Eric Gross, Executive VP and General Counsel, Sapphire Digital
- Erez Liebermann, Partner, Linklaters
- Alexandra Rebay, SVP, Deputy General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, Verizon
The second panel discussion, “Becoming an Integral Business Partner: An Outside Counsel’s Guide to Maximizing Effectiveness and Providing Best Value to the Corporate Client,” will be moderated by Matthew Schultz, senior counsel, Schindler Elevator Corporation. Panelists for this discussion include:
- Kevin A. Fox, Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Sharp Electronics Corporation
- Kelly A. Krug, Senior Counsel-Litigation, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
- Michael Lynch, Vice President & General Counsel, Brother USA
- Mary K. E. Maples, Chief Legal Officer & Corporate Secretary, University Hospital, New Jersey
The keynote address by acting Attorney General Bruck at 12 noon will close the online program, which counts toward 2.5 continuing legal education (CLE) credits. To register, go www.essexbar.com/event/ccs3.
For more information about the symposium, email Wendy Deer, executive director of the Essex County Bar Association at firstname.lastname@example.org