Legislation that would impose severe penalties on employers for unintentional mistakes passed in the Senate on March 25, but was pulled from the Assembly board list. NJBIA submitted testimony in opposition and is seeking amendments to clarify that the increased penalties under the bill are for knowing and willing violations and asking for the joint liability provisions to be removed.
Chrissy Buteas Chief Government Affairs Officer
Related News & Media
- NJBIA’s Legislative Actions
- NJBIA Urges DEP to Abandon Proposed Rule to Implement California Clean Truck Regs
- Assembly Approves NJBIA Supported Bill to Expand Teen Summer Work Hours
- NJBIA Supports Modernization of Laws on Notaries and Shareholder Meetings
- Legislature Plans to Introduce State Budget on Monday