It’s National Social Security Month, and this year, the Social Security Administration is highlighting some of the time-saving features of the my Social Security account. By creating an account, you’ll see that the Social Security Administration already has your work history and secure information to estimate what you could receive once you start collecting benefits. With your personal my Social Security account, you can also:
- Request a replacement Social Security card;
- Set up or change direct deposit;
- Get a proof of income letter
- Change your address;
- Check the status of your Social Security application; and
- Get a Social Security 1099 form (SSA-1099).
For over 80 years, Social Security has worked to meet the changing needs of the American public. Today, you can apply for retirement, disability, and Medicare benefits online, as well as take care of other business.
Celebrate National Social Security Month by learning what you can do online anytime, anywhere at www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount.