AT&T said this week it has expanded its 5G Network service in New Jersey to more areas of the state giving business and residential customers greater mobile internet connectivity.
These enhancements also bring Band 14 spectrum to the area. Band 14 is nationwide, high-quality spectrum set aside by the government specifically for FirstNet. In an emergency, this band – or lane – can be cleared and locked just for FirstNet subscribers. When not in use by FirstNet subscribers, AT&T customers can enjoy Band 14’s added coverage and capacity.
“At AT&T, we’re continuing to invest in our mobile broadband network in counties and communities across the state to make connections easier for residents, visitors, businesses and first responders throughout New Jersey,” said AT&T New Jersey President Joseph Divis. “These investments add to the quality of life, commercial vitality, innovative spirit and economic competitiveness of the state.”
Mobile broadband sites were added in the following locations:
- A new site improves coverage and capacity in Pleasantville around Route 40.
Cape May County
- A new site in South Dennis improves coverage and capacity in South Dennis along Route 47 and Route 83.
- A new site in Lebanon Township near West Hill Road and Bunnvale Road improves coverage and capacity around the local fire department and Memorial Park of Lebanon Township.
Middlesex County (2)
- A site in Parlin improves coverage and capacity around Parlin Drive and Washington Road. Another new site in North Brunswick Township improves coverage and capacity between U.S. Highway 1 and Route 130 and along the Northeast Corridor rail lines.
Monmouth County (2)
- A new site in Howell Twp. will improve coverage in the Township and in northern portion of Lakewood, as well as along U.S. Highway 9 and Ford Road. Another new site in Howell Township improves coverage and capacity around Oak Glen Rd.
- A new cell site in Berkeley Heights improves coverage and capacity between Watchung Blvd. and I-78, and along Interstate 78.
- A new site in Hackettstown improves coverage and capacity near Mountain Avenue and surrounding commercial, residential and recreational areas.