With approximately 600 responses, nearly 60% of member companies who have taken NJBIA’s coronavirus survey report they are already being impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, while another 34% say they expect to be. Only 6% say they do not expect to be impacted, according results to NJBIA’s ongoing survey.
“This information is extremely helpful as NJBIA works with the governor and the Legislature to craft a plan to deal with the economic fallout from the pandemic,” said NJBIA Chief Government Affairs Officer Chrissy Buteas.
If you have not already done so, please take a moment to let us know how the coronavirus is impacting your business.
Survey results (as of 4 p.m. March 19)
When asked to what extent your business has been negatively impacted by the coronavirus:
- 59% said they have already been negatively impacted
- 34% said they anticipate being negatively impacted in the near future
- 6% said they do not anticipate being negatively impacted
When asked how they will respond to the negative business impacts caused by the coronavirus (respondents could select any or all options that applied):
- 42% said they will need to reduce staff
- 40% said they will need to reduce employee hours
- 14% said they will need to reduce benefits
- 32% said they will do nothing