Presented by the
Grant funding is essential to the success of most non-profits, and is not like other types of writing, it has its own set of conventions.
For many non-profits, grants are very appealing. They can provide the opportunity for the non-profit to make a significant impact on its community that it would otherwise be unable to fund.
Join us for a virtual meeting on May 9 as we hear from Jocelyn Gilman, Management/Business Development Consultant, JSG Consultants.
Attendees will learn:
- Consider what to look for in a grant, who to go to and where to find grants;
- What to consider when writing a grant application/ proposal;
- Consider how to provide Metrics, Evaluations, Outcomes, Impact etc.;
- Who will be responsible for and how to fulfill reporting requirements;
- Collaborate with other community partners and write grants in a collective/collaborative setting;
- and much more!
Tools and tips will be provided during this presentation.
By joining our Not-for-Profit Council, you get to connect with professionals from many different business backgrounds who share an interest in staying informed and engaged on emerging issues that create opportunities for business success. All of our councils are open to members and future-members.
Councils are free to members. If you are a future-member you will be invoiced $19 upon registration.
Meet Our Featured Speaker & Moderator
Jocelyn Gilman is a British born attorney who, after moving to the United States, worked as a Sales and Marketing Director in the pharmaceutical and medical industry for over 20 years. However, in 2009, she decided to follow her heart and entered the nonprofit sector, simply to make a positive impact in the world. She has held a variety of professional positions including working as an Executive Director, Foundation Director, and Chief Development Director at several nonprofits, including the American Red Cross, Jewish Federation and Habitat for Humanity. She has also spearheaded Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Access and Belonging programs and created the first Disaster Spiritual Care team for the American Red Cross. Most recently, she transitioned to become as a consultant to both for and nonprofits. Thus, she has taken her past experiences, transferable skills and learnt wisdom to address social, health and environmental issues to help create systematic change.
Presently, she acts as a change maker for three organizations: the first offers nationally acclaimed vocational training programs to juniors and seniors in high schools located in underserved inner cities. She is also the co-lead fundraiser for a Collective of 32 organizations addressing the root causes of food insecurity and inequity in Camden, NJ, who aim to create equitable, lasting solutions to ensure food security for Camden residents by 2031. Finally, she is the interim Chief Development Director for a nonprofit that provides mindfulness practices in order to create resiliency in a world of trauma and challenge. She has many other passions too and is an end-of-life doula and an energy healer.
However, her proudest and greatest achievements are her three children, Duncan, William, and Rachel.
Joe is the Engagement Partner practice leader for WithumSmith+Brown, PC.
Over 25 years of professional experience in both private and public accounting. Joe specializes in providing audit and accounting services to the Firm’s not-for-profit healthcare, social service organizations, and Federally Qualified Health Centers.
His experience with specialized healthcare services include:
- Extensive experience with Medicare, Medicaid and other third-party payor billing, collection, and valuation matters.
- Performing consulting engagements advising specialty practice group owners on billing and collection procedures.
- Examinations and contract audits of Medicaid cost reports for substance abuse and psychiatric facilities.
- Assisted physician practices in developing processes to record capitated revenue and fee for service charges, receipts and contractual adjustments, and developing estimates of collectability.
Joe also provides accounting, auditing, tax, and consulting services to privately held physician practices and management service organizations.