I’m going to use a “point of personal privilege,” to borrow a phrase from Robert’s Rules of Order, and talk a lot about an NJBIA event coming up soon instead of focusing on what our ChamberLink partners are up to, as I usually do.
Before that, however, I have to do a mea culpa to take care of. In last week’s column, All Tomorrow’s ChamberLink Parties, I overlooked one of the many holiday-themed events our chamber of commerce partners are hosting this month. The Jamesburg Monroe Chamber of Commerce will hold its Holiday Networking Luncheon 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Dec. 19 at Forsgate Country Club. My apologies for the oversight.
For NJBIA’s holiday networking event, we do something a little different: We bring some of our many affinity program partners with us so members can hear directly from them and even talk one-on-one about how they can get help with a specific problem or issue.
The reason is many of our members, even longtime members, don’t know about the many benefits that come with their annual dues.
Chambers of commerce often have benefits and programs to support their members as well. We’re not just all networking events. I encourage you to take a look at what your local chamber can do for you. You may be surprised at how much they have to offer.
For NJBIA members, NJBIA offers access to group health benefit plans and a host of discounts on goods and services. At our free Dec. 12 Holiday Networking event, you will meet representatives from:
- Association Master Trust, which provides members with access to competitively priced health benefit plans, including Direct Access, EPO, HAS and OMNIA, as well as dental, group life insurance and prescription plans;
- Inside Rx, which offers prescription discount plans saving of 40% to 80% savings on medication;
- Primepoint Payroll Processing and HR Management, which offers NJBIA a 10% discount of their payroll processing fees and free direct deposits;
- Arch Insurance, which provides a private-sector option for state-mandated Temporary Disability Insurance;
- Direct Energy, which helps companies manage their electricity and natural gas costs; and
- Priority Payment Systems Local, which provides affordable credit-card processing services and access to capital.
The event is free and open to all business, whether they are members or not. So come out and see what we have to offer. And if you can’t make it to NJBIA’s event, take the time to check out what’s going on at your local chamber of commerce. We’re all here to help New Jersey businesses succeed.
Meanwhile, there’s still time to cram in some holiday networking events before the end of the year. Our ChamberLink partnership means NJBIA members get to go to participating chamber of commerce events at the member price. Go here to meet all of our ChamberLink partners.