For the uninitiated, ChamberLink is a partnership between NJBIA and 17 20 local business organizations for the mutual benefit of our member companies. We coordinate our activities, join together in advocacy and offer member pricing to our events for our partners.
As you can see from the edit to our boilerplate, ChamberLink is growing!
Last week we welcomed three new chambers of commerce to the ChamberLink partnership: NJ LGBT Chamber, Eastern Monmouth Area Chamber of Commerce (EMACC) and the Jamesburg-Monroe Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Let’s take a moment to get to know them.
As its name suggests, the LGBT Chamber is there to support LGBT businesses, not just throughout New Jersey but the surrounding tri-state area as well.
“I joined the Board of the NJ LGBT Chamber of Commerce because I wanted to be part of a dynamic organization that promotes the business interests and opportunities of LGBT entrepreneurs within our community and within our state,” says President Laurie Seliger.
The organization is also an affiliate of the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce, which means local members can get national certification as an LGBT-owned business (provided they meet the criteria, of course) without having to pay the $400 certification fee.
The Eastern Monmouth Area Chamber of Commerce serves the interests of member businesses in Eatontown, Fair Haven, Little Silver, Middletown, Monmouth Beach, Oceanport, Red Bank, Rumson, Sea Bright, Shrewsbury and Tinton Falls. Through its seminars, legislative advocacy, promotional support and referral services, EMACC has made itself a valuable asset for members.
It’s no newbie either, having been founded in Red Bank in 1928.
Businesses located a little farther inland can become members of the Jamesburg-Monroe Regional Chamber of Commerce, which serves southern Middlesex County, western Monmouth County, and northern Mercer County.
Its philosophy definitely has a consumer focus.
“Not only is this site about our member companies, but it is also about an idea,” its website states. “The idea that we consumers that live and work in the greater southern Middlesex County area can benefit more than most by shopping locally.”
Please join me in welcoming these fine additions to the ChamberLink family.
Now for the week’s upcoming events, all of which are available to NJBIA members at chamber member prices:
- The Hudson Chamber of Commerce’s Hudson Hub is holding a workshop on creating infographics at Hudson Community College on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evening.
- Tuesday is “Chamber Night” at the Somerset Patriots game. The Edison Chamber, Hunterdon Chamber and Somerset County Business Partnership are participating.
- Eastern Monmouth Area Chamber of Commerce will host its Annual Beach Bash on Aug. 27 at Ocean Place Resort and Spa in Long Branch.
- The Cape May County Chamber of Commerce’s Salute to Summer Networking Mixer will be held Aug. 28 at the Cape May-Lewes Ferry Terminal.
- The NJ LGBT Chamber is hosting Rooftop Networking at Porta in Jersey City on Aug. 28 in partnership with the Human Rights Campaign and Walmart’s PRIDE Employee Resource Group.
- The Camden County Chamber of Commerce will hold its monthly Business After Hours at the Capital Grille in the Cherry Hill Mall Aug. 28.
- The Hudson Chamber of Commerce will hold its Summer End Bash at Ventanas at the Modern in Fort Lee on Aug. 28.