The Monmouth Regional Chamber of Commerce has announced the finalists for this year’s ATHENA Leadership Award and ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award honoring outstanding women for their professional and business accomplishments, community service and mentorship of others.
Tickets are now on sale for the gala luncheon on Friday, Nov. 4 at the Jumping Brook Country Club in Neptune, where the 2022 Athena Award recipients, selected by a diverse group of community leaders, will be announced and all finalists will be honored. For ticket and sponsorship information go here.
The esteemed International ATHENA Leadership Award Program celebrates women whose achievements give back to their community in a meaningful way and make it a better place to live, work and lead. The ATHENA Leadership Award’s rich history, international scope, and focus on mentorship distinguish it as one of the most prestigious leadership awards one can receive, with more than 6,000 recipients honored worldwide since the program was established in 1982.
This will be the 37th year the ATHENA Leadership Award will be presented by the MRCC, the only organization in New Jersey licensed to do so. It will be the eighth year the MRCC will present the ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award, recognizing emerging community leaders, ages 24 to 40.
To be considered for an ATHENA Leadership Award, nominees may represent either the profit or not-for-profit sector and must demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession; provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in their community, and actively assist women in achieving their full leadership potential.
The 2022 ATHENA Leadership Award finalists include:
- Helen Archontou – CEO of YWCA Northern New Jersey and Co-Chairperson of the New Jersey Coalition Against Human Trafficking Legislative Committee
- Erin Avery of Fair Haven, NJ – President of Avery Educational Resources, LLC and Commissioner of The American Institute of Certified Educational Planners
- Vicky Flynn of Holmdel, NJ – New Jersey State Assemblywoman
- Chaya Pamula of Bordentown, NJ – President and CEO of PamTen, Inc. and founder of the nonprofit Support Organization for Kids in Need (SOFKIN) and SheTek
- Marta Quinn of Red Bank, NJ – Senior Development Director of HABcore
The 2022 ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award finalists include:
- Devin Carrick of Red Bank, NJ – Older Girl Program Specialist for the Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
- Rachel Mitzelman of Freehold, NJ – Paramedic and Field Training Office for Robert Wood Johnson Barnabas Health
- Stephanie Toal of Pine Beach, NJ – Marketing & Communications Coordinator for OceanFirst Foundation
- Dawn Doherty of Freehold, NJ – Executive Director of the Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide
Tickets for the 2022 ATHENA Leadership Awards Luncheon are priced at $60 per person through Oct. 21 and $70 per person from Oct. 22 through Oct. 31. There is an additional 5% discount for tables of eight.
For tickets, sponsorship opportunities, and additional details, go here. Sponsorship and ad payments and materials are due by Oct. 19, 2022.