NEWARK, NJ, June 20, 2019 – The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services have selected New Jersey Innovation Institute (NJII), an NJIT corporation, as a Prime Awardee of the Network of Quality Improvement and Innovation Contractors, (NQIIC). This designation will allow NQIICs to bid on Task Orders over the next five years. As a Prime NQIIC awardee partnering with other Quality Improvement Contractors under the new CMS Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity contract mechanism to support quality improvement efforts, each NQIIC may serve as quality improvement experts, facilitators/change agents for healthcare transformation by achieving bold aims at a high value.
As an NQIIC awardee, New Jersey Innovation Institute has demonstrated healthcare quality improvement expertise. Services supported by some of the NQIIC awardees may:
- Provide direct technical assistance in specific areas of healthcare quality improvement (e.g., patient safety, opioid misuse, nursing home quality, etc.)
- Seek and gain commitments from patients, providers and stakeholders to achieve aims
- Use a Human Centered Design that involves teaming with patient and family members to improve healthcare processes and outcomes
- Focus on helping providers and healthcare organizations to achieve quantitative results for improved outcomes, lower costs, better care, less provider burden, greater transparency and more
- Support a diverse array of organizations and populations, including: rural providers, vulnerable beneficiaries, clinical practices, hospitals, nursing homes, dialysis facilities and more
- Support providers in efficient use of health information technology and interoperability
- Serve as backbone organizations to form and engage community coalitions
- Convene and support learning and action networks
Tomas Gregorio, senior vice president, NJII Healthcare Systems Innovation, stated, “NJII is proud to be selected as an NQIIC awardee and offer our capabilities to support the goals of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.”
For more information contact: Shelby Klein (firstname.lastname@example.org).