The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA) recently collected $35,627 in online monetary donations and 2,727 pounds of nonperishable items and canned goods during its 13th annual food drive benefiting the Community FoodBank of New Jersey.
The Community FoodBank, which is continuing its pandemic relief, serves 15 counties in the state, distributing food to charities, soup kitchens, emergency shelters, food pantries and other places of need. Last year, the FoodBank provided food for more than 85 million meals through its network. In 2021, NJCPA raised $38,000 in donations for the Community FoodBank’s efforts.
The NJCPA food drive is hosted by its Emerging Leaders Council, an appointed leadership group that addresses the needs of NJCPA members with up to 10 years of experience, including aspiring CPAs and new licensees. Since 2010, the NJCPA has donated more than 20,000 pounds of food items to the FoodBank.
“We are tremendously pleased with the success of this year’s food donations and monetary contributions. It’s a great time of year to give back to those in need, and the accounting community is always so giving,” said Zachary Cohen, CPA, manager at CFGI and chair of the NJCPA Emerging Leaders Council.
“Once again, our members and firms have a strong commitment to assist those less fortunate in our home state. CPAs are constantly donating their time and resources to help their fellow New Jerseyans,” said Ralph Albert Thomas, executive director at the NJCPA.
The following organizations participated by accepting food donations at their offices and/or virtual monetary donations:
- Alloy, Silverstein, Shapiro, Adams, Mulford, Cicalese, Wilson & Co., of Cherry Hill
- Bowman & Company LLP, of Voorhees
- Capaldi Reynolds & Pelosi CPAs, PA, of Northfield
- CFGI, of New York City
- Deloitte & Touche LLP, of Morristown
- Gold Gerstein Group, of Moorestown
- Grassi, of Park Ridge
- Haefele Flanagan, of Maple Shade
- Marcum LLP, of Roseland
- Paymedia LLC, of East Hanover
- PKF O’Connor Davies, of Cranford
- The Green Group, of Woodbridge
- The SKC Foundation, of Boonton Township
- Wagner Shields & Moini LLP, of Linwood
- WilkinGuttenplan, of East Brunswick
- Wiss & Company, LLP, of Florham Park
- zbt Certified Public Accounting & Consulting, LLC, of Clark
For more information about the food drive visit njcpa.org/fooddrive. Firms that would like to participate in next year’s food drive should contact Kim Condurso at the NJCPA at 862-702-5634 or firstname.lastname@example.org.