The New Jersey Business & Industry Association is accepting applications for a government affairs internship starting in September 2021.
NJBIA is seeking interns, to join our Government Affairs team, who have strong research and writing skills, a basic understanding of governmental processes, and an interest in New Jersey politics. Selected interns are financially compensated for their hours worked: undergraduate students receive $13.00/hour and graduate students receive $16.00/hour. The association also works with interns to secure academic credit, if applicable.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in policy and economic research;
- Assisting in quantitative and qualitative research;
- Assisting in the development of educational materials on high-priority legislative issues;
- Attending state legislative committee meetings;
- Monitoring state and federal legislation and regulatory issues;
- Drafting correspondence and policy positions;
- Maintaining databases;
- Attending and assisting at events.
- An undergraduate junior/senior or a graduate student majoring in Political Science, Government Affairs, Public Policy, Business, Economics or related disciplines;
- Proven success in research methods and/or economics course(s);
- A strong interest in research;
- Proficiency in state/federal database navigation;
- Proficiency in excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work well independently and in a team atmosphere;
- Must have the ability to complete work in a timely manner;
- Must be well-organized and highly reliable.
Interns will report to the Chief Government Affairs Officer.
Applications for the fall internship program can be found here and must be submitted by Friday, Aug. 6.
A cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three recommendation letters are required.
Students should indicate the research methods and/or economics courses taken in their cover letter.
NJBIA Contact: Chrissy Buteas, Chief Government Affairs Officer- email@example.com