The New Jersey Business & Industry Association has added two more top executives to its Board of Trustees, President and CEO Michele Siekerka announced Friday.
South Jersey Industries President and CEO Michael Renna and David Vitali, Amazon’s Manager of Public Policy in New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania, join NJBIA’s expanding board, which features executives from a wide array of business, manufacturing and academic backgrounds.
“We are privileged to have David and Michael bring their informed voices and expertise in the areas of logistics and energy to our board, as well as an understanding of New Jersey’s overall business climate,” Siekerka said.
“With their valued input complementing our accomplished and engaged board, we have even more support in our mission to advance the competitive excellence and financial success of our members and all New Jersey businesses every day.”
Other members of NJBIA’s Board of Trustees include:
- Rashaad Bajwa, CEO, Integris
- Denise Beckson, Vice President of Human Resources & Government Relations, Morey’s Piers
- Marcy Bliss, CEO, Wedgewood Pharmacy
- Domenick Cama, President, NYC Metro & New Jersey Markets of Citizens Bank
- James W. Horne Jr., President & CEO, Junior Achievement of New Jersey
- Anthony Iacono, Ph.D., President, County College of Morris
- Clifford Lindholm, President & CEO of Falstrom Company (Board Chair)
- Celestina Quintana, Owner/Operator, McDonald’s restaurants (Immediate Past Board Chair)
- Michael Reagan, Senior Vice President of Consulting Services, CGI
- Lori Roth, CPA/ABV, CFF, Co-Managing Partner, Prager Metis (Board Vice Chair)
- Gail Friedberg Rottenstrich, CEO & Co-Founder, ZAGO Manufacturing
- Deanna Sperling, MAS, RN, NE-BC, President & CEO, Barnabas Health Behavioral Health Center
- Rick Thigpen, Senior Vice President-Corporate Citizenship, PSEG
More information on NJBIA’s two newest board members can be found below.
As president and chief executive officer of SJI, Renna is at the helm of one of New Jersey’s most dynamic and successful energy companies. He joined SJI in 1998 and through his hard work and commitment to success, has advanced through a number of managerial and professional positions. Prior to his leadership role at SJI, Renna held the titles of president of South Jersey Energy Solutions and South Jersey Energy, the region’s largest energy marketer. He was appointed to the South Jersey Energy Solutions executive committee in November 2012 and to the SJI Board of Directors in 2014. An alumnus of the University of Delaware, where he earned his undergraduate degree in finance, Renna also holds a Master of Business Administration degree from Cornell University.
Vitali manages State & Local Public Policy in Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania for Amazon. Amazon is the largest private employer in New Jersey, creating over 46,000 full and part-time jobs and investing over $30 billion in 50 logistics facilities and 23 Whole Foods Markets since 2010. Vitali joined Amazon in October 2022. Previously he served as vice president for Optimus Partners, LLC. He advocated at all levels of New Jersey government on behalf of clients in the decarbonization, logistics, real estate development, telecommunications, and utility arenas, among others. Prior to this role, Vitali worked as a policy adviser for Gov. Chris Christie and deputy chief of staff to Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno. He graduated with a B.A. in Political Science from Ramapo College of New Jersey, and earned his JD from Rutgers Law School.