NJBIA has received several inquiries from members regarding what daily health certification requirements employers must still follow now that Gov. Phil Murphy has signed legislation ending the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Under the new law, most executive orders pursuant to the public health emergency will expire 30 days from when the law was signed.
Among those expiring on July 4 is EO 192 which established requirements for health certifications and daily health screenings for employees.
Until then, these screening requirements must still be met by employers. After that, employers will not have to comply with EO 192’s requirements but could be subject to forthcoming federal OSHA workplace guidance.
To bring maximum benefit to its members, NJBIA has launched a comprehensive HR Support Center platform that provides employers with a host of time-saving tools and resources, the most up-to-date HR information, and live professional consultations seven days a week.
NJBIA’s HR Support Center is included in NJBIA membership dues, while access to Support Center PLUS, with HR On-Demand services seven days a week, can be accessed for a nominal fee of $300 a year.
HR Support Center benefits include:
- Policy library & law alerts
- HR forms, documents and templates
- Employee handbook builder
- Resources covering common employer laws including ACA, FLSA, and FMLA
- Extensive COVID-19 content
- HR webinars lead by HR professionals to drive lead generation for you
- Monthly HR newsletters and eAlerts from NJBIA
- HR fitness test to assess HR compliance gaps
- Guides on popular HR topics
- Members who upgrade to the HR On-Demand feature receive:
- Unlimited live advice via chat, telephone or email
- Question and answer history
- HR Concierge Live Chat
- Custom multi-state employee handbooks and consultation
- Custom project requests
- COVID-19 live help
Employers, both NJBIA members and non-NJBIA members, can learn more about NJBIA’s HR Support Center at www.njbia.org/mac or by calling 1-800-499-4419.
For a video about NJBIA’s HR Support Center, click here.