Effective employee onboarding is important for the success of new hires and your organization.
Set a positive tone by beginning the onboarding process before the new employee’s first day. Sending a welcome email in advance eases the transition by providing an overview of what Day One will look like: what to expect, where to park, whom to ask for upon arrival, etc. Providing your new hire with the HR forms and paperwork in advance of their first day, also helps them arrive feeling more prepared.
However, onboarding is a process that extends beyond the new employee’s first day, or first week. Typically, the first three months is a good time frame to get a new hire acquainted with leadership, managers, departments and how they work together toward the strategic plan and goals for the organization. Policies, procedures, department goals and their individual goals should be communicated during this initial time period as well. It’s a good idea review performance and established goals at the conclusion of the three months and provide regular feedback thereafter.
The NJBIA HR Support Center platform, provides you with the tools, documents and best practices on this topic and so much more. Go here for details.
To bring maximum benefit to its members, NJBIA recently launched a new, comprehensive HR Support Center platform that provides employers with a host of time-saving tools and resources, the most up-to-date HR information, and live professional consultations.
NJBIA’s HR Support Center is included in NJBIA membership dues, while access to Support Center PLUS, with HR On-Demand services seven days a week, can be accessed for a nominal fee of $300 a year.
HR Support Center benefits include:
- Policy library & law alerts
- HR forms, documents, and templates
- Employee handbook builder
- Resources covering common employer laws including ACA, FLSA, and FMLA
- Extensive COVID-19 content
- HR webinars lead by HR professionals to drive lead generation for you
- Monthly HR newsletters and eAlerts from NJBIA
- HR fitness test to assess HR compliance gaps
- Guides on popular HR topics.
Members who upgrade to the HR On-Demand feature receive:
- Unlimited live advice via chat, telephone, or email
- Question and answer history
- HR Concierge Live Chat
- Custom multi-state employee handbooks and consultation
- Custom project requests
- COVID-19 live help
Employers, both NJBIA members and non-NJBIA members, can learn more about NJBIA’s HR Support Center at www.njbia.org/mac or call 1-800-499-4419.
For a video about NJBIA’s HR Support Center, click here.