NJBIA and the New Jersey State Chamber of Commerce will host a virtual press conference on Tuesday, Sept. 8 to discuss Gov. Phil Murphy’s revised FY 2021 budget.
The live event will start at 9:30 a.m.
Members of the New Jersey Business Coalition, which includes more than 100 leading business and nonprofit groups throughout the state, will also join the conference.
“With the call for a billion dollars in new taxes during a pandemic and $4 billion in borrowing, the governor’s proposed budget has a long way to go before meeting fiscal responsibility,” NJBIA President and CEO Michele Siekerka and New Jersey State Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Tom Bracken said in a joint statement.
“We look forward to presenting the facts regarding New Jersey’s fiscal state and how this budget can – and must – be improved for the sake of New Jersey’s economy before it is finalized.”
An OpEd by Bracken and Siekerka on the proposed budget can be found in today’s NJ Spotlight here.
Participating groups available for questions during the virtual conference include:
- African American Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey, Inc.
- Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey
- Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey
- Greater Atlantic City Chamber of Commerce
- New Jersey Business & Industry Association
- New Jersey Gasoline-Convenience-Automotive Association
- New Jersey Restaurant & Hospitality Association
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey State Chamber of Commerce