Employment and Labor Law
Timely information and resources to help New Jersey employers understand and respond to employment and labor laws affecting their businesses. The information on this page is not intended to serve as legal advice. For legal advice, consult an attorney.
NJBIA Fast Facts – Quick Primers to Help Your Business
NJBIA’s “Fast Fact” primers, written by NJBIA’s government affairs experts, help you access business assistance programs and deal with laws and regulations affecting your business.
NJBIA Fast Facts Employment & Labor Law Fast Facts
- Criminal Convictions and Hiring in NJ
- Pregnancy Accommodations & Discrimination Protections
- Employer Posting on the Right to be Free of Gender Inequity
- Employer Guide to Emergency Closings
- Employer Guide to Protections for Employees Discussing Salaries & Benefits
- New Law on Social Media Privacy in the Workplace
- Leave Law for Victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault: (NJ SAFE Act)
- Understanding New Jersey’s Temporary Disability Benefits Law (TDBL)
- Business Closing and Layoff Notification Law (NJ WARN)
- EEOC’s Guidance on Criminal Background Checks
- Independent Contractors and Worker Misclassification
- Time Clock Rounding Rules
- Unemployment Insurance Compensation
- Worker Freedom From Intimidation Act
- Expansion of the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act
- New Overtime Pay Rules
- Family and Medical Leave
Visit NJBIA’s Fast Facts Library for more Members-only resources.