New Jersey’s Financial Services Talent Network (FSTN) builds partnerships in the finance industry to develop and support financial services in the Garden State and formulate strategies for competing at the regional, national, and global levels.
The FSTN, led by the African American Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey (AACCNJ), connects with businesses, educational institutions, workforce organizations, training groups, and community- and faith-based organizations to gather ground-level intelligence on the industry to make informed decisions on high-quality public workforce investments and expand the number of New Jersey residents with industry-valued credentials or degrees.
- Develop industry intelligence: Creating and implementing effective workforce and education programs requires an accurate and timely understanding of business needs. The FSTN works closely with labor market analysts from the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development to provide a crucial source of information on the workforce needs of the industry. The FSTN hosts an Industry Summit to gather intelligence and inform key workforce stakeholders of essential employer needs and produces an annual Industry Workforce Report. Additionally, the FSTN engages employers and industry associations to contribute to the Industry-Valued Credentials list.
- Develop high-quality, employer-driven partnerships: The FSTN works closely with businesses, Workforce Development Boards, educational institutions, training groups, and community- and faith-based organizations to develop high-quality, employer-driven partnerships known as Targeted Industry Partnerships (TIP).
Why get involved:
ROI for Businesses to Join TIP
- Spearhead discussion on the priorities of your industry with business, workforce, education, and state officials to shape the future of your industry.
- Network with regional businesses in your industry to promote innovation, collaboration, and efficiency.
- Help identify workforce needs and common skill gaps to determine in-demand skills, abilities, and credentials and develop a workforce strategy to satisfy workforce needs and close skill gaps.
- Gain the distinction of becoming an industry champions.
If you know someone that would benefit from these TIP meetings, please feel free to forward this information.