The U.S. Commercial Service-Northern NJ and the NJ District Export Council will host a STOPfakes.gov Roadshow on Nov. 7, 2019. The STOPfakes program delivers critically important information about intellectual property to the audience that needs it most – start-ups, entrepreneurs, small and medium-sized businesses, independent creators, and inventors. The information will be presented by experts from multiple government agencies that deal with intellectual property issues.
Participants will learn:
- How to identify and protect the various intellectual property assets they have
- The mechanisms for obtaining IP protection in overseas markets and strategies for determining where they should seek protection
- How to record their mark with Customs, in order to exclude counterfeit goods from entering the United States
- How to combat counterfeits on international e-commerce sites
- Government resources available to help U.S. businesses with intellectual property issues.
WHAT: STOPfakes.gov Roadshow (Intellectual Property Right Seminar)
WHEN: 8:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m., Nov. 7, 2019 (Registration & Breakfast begins at 8:30 a.m.)
WHERE: Four Gateway Center, 100 Mulberry St., Newark, NJ 07102
COST: $45 per person (includes breakfast and lunch)
- One-on-One Participants can meet with the speakers for 10-minute sessions to discuss an IP issue they have. Sessions are conducted during lunch and 2pm-3pm.
- Apply for Copyright and Trademark Recordation On-Site On-site assistance is made available by CBP staff to navigate the recordation application portal and process.
- Apply for Copyright Registration On-site Copyright Office staff will be on-site to help you with the application required to register your work online