STATE OF NEW JERSEY
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
UPSKILL: NJ Incumbent Worker Training Grant Program
NOTICE OF GRANT OPPORTUNITY
Announcement Date: July 30, 2019
Technical Assistance Workshop Webinar: August 6, 2019
Application Deadline: See Schedule of Submission Dates and Times on page 8 of the NGO
For Technical Assistance Contact:
Howard Miller at: firstname.lastname@example.org
PURPOSE FOR WHICH GRANT FUNDS WILL BE USED:
UPSKILL: NJ Incumbent Worker Training Grant funds are competitively awarded to New Jersey employers to provide cost reimbursement assistance to train incumbent frontline employees to meet the current and future occupational skill requirements of available high wage, middle- skill and high-skill jobs in New Jersey. Grant funds are intended to:
- Achieve measurable outcomes for the employees trained
- “Seed” occupational skills training
- Support New Jersey businesses in acquiring a skilled workforce.
Grant funds are not intended for annual training or training that would otherwise be conducted without grant assistance.
Entities that can apply for funding under this NGO:
The grant program is open to the following New Jersey applicants:
- Individual employers, including those operating small to medium-sized businesses;
- Any employer organization, labor organization, community-based organization or faith-based organization;
- Any industry-specific consortium comprised of two or more of the following: eligible individual employers, employer organizations, labor organizations and community-based or faith-based organizations.