NJBIA webinars are a free benefit to all members. Learn about best practices and available resources to help your business succeed. You can ask questions or just listen in – all without leaving your desk.
Miss one you really wanted to view? No problem. Each webinar is archived for later viewing as well. For more information, contact Jasmine Garrett 609-858-9518.
|Handbook Seminar Series Part 3: Leaves of Absence
In this part of the Employee Handbook Seminar Series, Peter L. Frattarelli, Esq. of Archer Law, will use sample policies to discuss relevant laws and regulations that employers must consider when drafting/updating employee benefit policies, including:|
· Federal Family Medical Leave Act
· New Jersey Family Leave Act
· Americans with Disabilities Act
· Reasonable accommodations of disabilities
· New Jersey State Temporary Disability Benefits
· New Jersey Family Leave Insurance;
· New Jersey Earned Sick Leave Law
· Worker’s Compensation Leave
|Nov 30, 2020||1:00pm EST||1.5 hours||Register|
|Making a Plan for the Future: Are Your Affairs in Order?
NJBIA EVENT with Certified elder care attorney Eric R. Goldberg, CELA, and Managing Partner of NJ Elder Law Center, at Goldberg Law Group, will join NJBIA for a webinar addressing the common mistakes people make in planning for present and future needs. Goldberg will discuss|
Are your affairs in order? Join Eric R. Goldberg, certified elder care attorney and managing partner of NJ Elder Law Center at the Goldberg Law Group, as he addresses the common mistakes that are made when planning for present and future needs. He will also answer questions on what professionals and families need to know about powers of attorney, wills and trusts, VA benefits, Medicaid and so much more.
During this webinar this presentation, you will learn the following:
• Are your affairs in order?
• What documents are most important?
• How to avoid common mistakes when planning for a loved one’s long long-term care
• Why is a will so important
• What is a POA and why it’s more important than ever to have one
• Who is eligible for VA Benefits and Medicaid
• When should you set up a trust
Presented by: Time permitting, there will be Q&A with viewers at the end of the presentation.
|Dec 2, 2020||1:00pm EST||1 hour||Register|
|Do You Have a Clear 2021 Vision for your Business and a Plan to Achieve it?
If you are the owner, leader or manager of a business who wants to see your business consistently run better and grow faster, Rick Nelson, Jaime Robertson-Lavelle and EOS can help you and your team simplify, clarify and achieve your vision.|
Even the most successful leaders occasionally find running a business more challenging than they expected. Many work longer hours and get less return on their investment of time and money than they would like. Most entrepreneurs regularly grapple with one or more of the following challenges:
• Lack of control - over time, the market, or the company
• People - don’t listen, understand or follow through
• Profit - there's not enough of it
• Growth - is OK, but they just can’t seem to break through to the next level
• Magic Pills - Lots of remedies and quick fixes have come and gone, but the wheels are still spinning
If these problems seem all too familiar, you’re not alone. It doesn’t have to be that way. In this dynamic presentation, Rick and Jaime will introduce you to the Six Key Components™ of successful businesses. They will arm you with a set of simple, practical tools you and your leadership team can begin using right away to get clarity for 2021 and beyond and achieve better results.
Rick Nelson, CEO Advance to Vision, Professional EOS Implementer
Jaime Robertson-Lavalle, CEO, Zermatt Dusk, Certified EOS Implemente
|Dec 3, 2020||11:30am EST||1 hour||Register|
|Handbook Seminar Series Part 4: Employee Benefit Policies
In this part of the Employee Handbook Seminar Series, Michael A. Shadiack, Esq. of Connell Foley LLP will engage in a practical discussion, through the use of sample policies, of relevant laws and regulations that must be considered by an employer when drafting/updating employee benefit policies, including:|
• paid sick days;
• vacation days;
• paid time off;
• jury duty;
• reasonable workplace accommodations;
• unpaid leave of absence;
• leave for victims of domestic violence or sexual assault;
• worker’s compensation;
• education tuition remission;
• lactation breaks;
• health benefits continuation coverage; and more.
|Dec 10, 2020||11:30am EST||1.5 hours||Register|
|Reopening Workplaces Safely During COVID-19
As the pandemic continues to impact businesses throughout the U.S., the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has issued guidance to employers on workplace safety matters designed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Join Fox Rothschild partner Wayne Pinkstone at 11:30 a.m. on Dec. 16 for this practical online webinar about OSHA reopening guidelines and the safety and legal issues that are an -ongoing concern for employers.|
Topics will include:
· Three-phase reopening plan recommendations
· Hazard assessments
· Returning to work after illness or exposure
· Workplace flexibility
|Dec 16, 2020||11:30am EST||1 hour||Register|