In honor of Women Entrepreneurship Week, Berkeley College invites you to special events in New York and New Jersey that elevate the voices of women on key issues. Women in Leadership: Unleashing Your Superpowers is part of a global initiative that focuses on strategies for empowering women economically and politically, incubating the future of women entrepreneurs, and other important issues.
In New York
Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Berkeley College in Midtown Manhattan (41st Street)
8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
In New Jersey
Thursday, October 24, 2019
Berkeley College in Woodland Park, NJ
9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Register Today: There is no cost to attend, but advance registration is required. Click here for more information or email Kelly Depsee, Director of Communications and External Relations, Berkeley College, at KME@BerkeleyCollege.edu.
Berkeley College will collect new and gently used business attire for its Career Clothing Boutique for students. Click here to learn more.
Meet Our Panelists!
New York Panelists
- Damaris Bergas, Director, Bronx Women’s Business Center, Business Outreach Center Network
- Jodie M. Grenier, Chief Executive Officer, Foundation for Women Warriors
- Angela Harrington, Vice President, Communications and External Relations and Professor, Marketing, Berkeley College Larry L. Luing School of Business® (Mistress of Ceremonies)
- Michelle Madhok, Founder and CEO, SHEfinds Media, Inc.
- Roxanne Neilson, Managing Director, Minority Business Development Agency, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Alex Tabar, Founder and CEO, Yucalab Digital Media and Latinas in Media
- Angie Tang, Impact Investing Advisor (Moderator)
- Elinor Tatum, Publisher and Editor in Chief, New York Amsterdam News
- Jessica Walker, President and CEO, Manhattan Chamber of Commerce (Moderator)
- Adel Wilson, Founder and CEO, Celebrity Media Group
- Jamie Zelermyer, Board President, New York Women in Film & Television
- Elana Zolfo, Ed.D., Dean, Berkeley College Larry L. Luing School of Business®
New Jersey Panelists
- Valeria Aloe, Director, Hispanic Entrepreneurship Training Program, Statewide Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey
- Melissa Baralt, Ph.D. , President, SheCaucus and Master Faculty, Math and Sciences, Berkeley College School of Liberal Arts
- Susana Baumann, Founder, CEO and Editor in Chief, Latinas in Business, Inc.
- Heidi Castrillon, Editor and Publisher, BIZ Republic Magazine
- Christine Cox-West, Partner and Director of Insurance Brokerage, The Fortis Agency
- Jill Johnson, Co-Founder and CEO, Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Shakira Johnson, Founder, Johnson PR & Events
- Kay Lucas, CEO and Managing Director, MediaSense
- Karen Pena, Founder, Our Way to HOPE, CEO, Pena Tax Services, and Accountant/Property Manager, TOP Real Estate Investment, Inc.
- Diane Recinos, Ed.D., Senior Vice President, Student Success, Berkeley College (Moderator)
- Shea Richburg, Author and Founder, Lion Mommy, Inc.