SheTek.net will officially launch in New Jersey on January 9, 2019 with an event that celebrates the mission of the initiative—cultivating a qualified pipeline of women to meet the technology needs of companies.
SheTek is an initiative of PamTen Inc., a Global Software Solutions and Staffing Services Company co-founded by Chaya Pamula & Prasad Tenjerla. PamTen is a certified Woman and Minority Owned Business. With its offices in in New Jersey, New York, Canada and India,PamTen has been offering services to small businesses to large corporations for over a decade. Awards and recognition include: Inc. 5000, NJBIA Executive of The Year 2018, NJBIZ Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies; NJ Best 50 Women in Business; Top 20 Most Promising Web Development and Design Solution Providers.
The primary objective of SheTek initiative is to raise the percentage of overall representation of women in technology by creating a pipeline of talented resources for the specific technology needs of companies.
Guests at the New Jersey launch event will hear from guest speaker Michele Siekerka, President & CEO of The New Jersey Business & Industry Association. Details about SheTek will be shared by Chaya Pamula, CEO of SheTek and PamTen and Founder of SOFKIN and Joanna Black, CSO of SheTek.
The focus areas of SheTek include:
- Sparking early interest in technology for girls and mentoring them through the transition into college and into the work force;
- Consulting companies on hiring women to fill more roles in technology;
- Training and coaching women employees within companies to help advance their tech-specific careers;
- Pairing talented women with companies who need technology services and staff;
- Supporting women-owned start-ups and businesses with outsourced CTO services with a team powered by talented women;
- Educating women business owners on how to use technology in their day-to-day business operations;
- Connecting and supporting women through the online SheTek Community Platform;
- Mentoring and counseling women and girls to help them build soft skills and hard skills that will help advance their careers; and
- Partnering with NGOs, academia, corporations, government, Chambers of Commerce, professional groups and other organization to advance women in technology.
Three core programs that support the SheTek focus include: SheTek STEM, SheTek Build and SheTek Power. SheTek STEM is focused on introducing young minds to the opportunities that exist in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). The SheTek STEM program focuses on mentorships, hands-on workshops, field trips, unforgettable experiences and lasting friendships. SheTek STEM partners with community organizations and non-profits to develop and support programs that will have a lasting impact on the girls who participate.
SheTek Power is designed to further support young women navigating a career in tech and focused on female students attending college by providing them with additional support outside of classes, programs and accelerators. Efforts are specifically tailored to empower young women through mentorships, soft skill training, community, internships and upon graduation access to jobs through the SheTek talent pipeline. A partnership with City College of New York Code was introduced where SheTek will operate as an extension of CCNY Code providing resources specific to the needs of the programs female students.
SheTek Build provides training and education for women who are either re-entering the workplace, interested in learning marketable skills to help with career advancement or for entrepreneurs who wish to gain knowledge on leading technology trends. The initial SheTek Build training series will focus on Cyber Security with the first Cyber Clinic taking place on the afternoon of January 9, 2019 from 1-5pm prior to the official launch of SheTek.
SheTek core programs will be supported by contributions made from corporate partnerships. Financial resources will be allocated to the development of the programs with 10 percent of contributions donated to The SOFKIN Girls Education Fund, a 501C3 charity based in New Jersey and India. Initial New Jersey programing will commence in January of 2019. The SheTek.net Community Platform is currently active and those interested in learning more about SheTek or getting involved in the programs can register by visiting shetek.net.
For more information on SheTek visit: www.shetek.net or on social @shetekglobal