The NJ Future of Work (FOW) Accelerator is seeking applications from innovators with solutions that will improve workforce quality and the state’s economy.
The FOW Accelerator is a nine-month program that will bring together a group of national and regional innovators and provide them custom workshops, masterclasses, access to funders, and mentoring to accelerate the reach and growth of their innovations in New Jersey.
Startups, entrepreneurs, nonprofits, public sector institutions and employees, unions, and grassroots organizations interested in promoting innovative solutions are urged to apply with their ideas before the 6 p.m., June 14 deadline.
The FOW Accelerator will focus on innovations that address the following themes:
- Improving employment opportunities for workers via lifelong learning and re-skilling initiatives, improved career and/or training guidance, or other such innovations.
- Offering greater economic security and resilience through financial innovations like portable benefits solutions, crowdfunding initiatives, etc.
- Strengthening worker voice, ownership, and power.
- Enhancing employer practices (e.g., workplace safety innovations, hazard pay, portable benefits, hiring and recruitment technology)
- Improving job opportunities, inclusion, and financial support systems for disadvantaged groups or demographics.
“In order to build the stronger and fairer economy New Jerseyans deserve, we need to support individuals and organizations creating the new future of work,” said Gov. Phil Murphy. “This collaborative initiative will identify ongoing and proposed efforts to improve job quality and economic security, provide connections to critical resources, and prepare them to launch or scale up here in New Jersey.”