Employee Training and Education
Training for Your NJ Employees at No Charge to Your Company
Get basic-skills training for your employees at no charge to your company through NJBIA’s Basic Skills Workforce Training Program. A community college instructor will provide a customized course to train your employees in:
- Computer applications (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Mathematics and measurement
- Communications (verbal, written and customer relations)
- English as a second language or workplace Spanish
Lead-Safety Training for Renovation Contractors
Mandate: Renovation Contractors Must Be Trained and Certified
Federal law requires that remodeling contractors be trained and certified in lead-safety practices before disturbing lead paint in pre-1978 homes, child-care facilities and schools. Failure to do so can lead to fines, legal liabilities and loss of work.
New Jersey’s accredited training provider is the New Jersey NJ Community College Consortium for Workforce and Education Development.
Contact the Community College Consortium at 609-393-9000 for more information.
Other NJ Training, Education & Hiring Resources
New Jersey offers a variety of training grants and resources to help private-sector employers recruit new talent and train their employees. In this section, you can also learn about your insurance, safety and wage obligations as an employer.
- NJ Office of CTE: Overview of the state’s career and technical education system
- Overview of NJ programs to help train and build your workforce NJBIA Fast Facts
- NJ Career Connections (customized training opportunities for individual companies)
- Register as a NJ training provider
- NJ Career Connections (post jobs and get help recruiting new hires)
- Your insurance, safety and wage obligations as an employer